Top 10 New Articles of 2008
A great deal of new content was added to All About Vision in 2008, helped along by the acquisition of Dr. Chris Knobbe’s EyeMDLink.com site in June. Based on their monthly traffic, these were the most popular new topics, starting with the most-visited:
- Eye disorders - “Common Eye Disorders” by Burt Dubow, OD
- Cataract surgery complications - Chris Knobbe, MD
- Eye injuries - “How to Handle Common Eye Injuries” by Dr. Dubow
- Sjogren’s syndrome - Marilyn Haddrill, All About Vision Editor
- Acanthamoeba keratitis - “What Contact Lens Wearers Need to Know” by Ed Bennett, OD. This was adapted from Dr. Bennett’s work for the GP Lens Institute.
- Subconjunctival hemorrhage - Brian Chou, OD, who practices in San Diego, joined the All About Vision Editorial Advisory Board in 2008.
- When LASIK goes wrong - based on testimony before an FDA panel in early 2008
- Strabismus surgery - Dr. Knobbe, from EyeMDLink.com
- Custom contact lenses - Gary Heiting, OD
- Eye safety - “Eye Safety & Workplace Safety Basics,” also by Dr. Heiting
In addition to the most popular, some additional new articles stand out as particularly timely and/or important:
An article on LASIK enhancement was long overdue for the Vision Surgery section. Former cataract surgeon Charles Slonim, MD, wrote a story about his own cataract surgery. Dr. Knobbe’s article on macular degeneration prevention was adapted from EyeMDLink. And Dr. Heiting wrote an insightful article about combing options for presbyopia such as surgery, contacts, eyeglasses and readers.